Campus Pastor – United
Grand Point Church (GPC) in Chambersburg, PA is seeking a full-time Campus Pastor who is passionate about leading the attendees of our United service as they take their next steps in their journey to find and follow Jesus!
Reporting directly to the Executive Pastor, the Campus Pastor for GPC-United will champion the mission, vision, and strategy of GPC is fulfilled in the United venue, as well as provide leadership development and supervision of the United venue team and volunteers. The Campus Pastor will also be the primary teaching pastor for United and will fulfill other pastoral duties as needed.
The United venue currently serves 200-250 at our 9:45 am and 11:15 am Sunday services with the assistance of nearly 30 volunteers. The services are contemporary in style and held in the GPC Multi-Purpose Room, with a focus on vertical worship, connection, and a welcoming atmosphere.
Grand Point Church is a growing church with two campuses and three venues, more than 20 full-time staff and over 770 volunteers serving in various ministry capacities guided by our four values: We value God’s truth more than our opinions; we value God’s people more than our programs; we value God’s plan more than our plans; and we value God’s mission more than our comfort.
The Grand Point Church United Pastor will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic Leadership and Planning: The GPC United Pastor will champion the Grand Point Church mission, vision, and strategy in the United venue. The GPC United Pastor will provide overall direction to the United venue by:
- Implement an intentional GPC United staff meeting to clarify strategy and execute the mission, values, and strategy of Grand Point Church into the life of United.
- Monitor and report the health of the United venue through stories, statistics, and regular evaluation.
- Ensure both volunteer and paid staffing, facilities, and programming of United are aligned to best accomplish the values and vision of Grand Point Church.
- Fulfill other pastoral and administrative duties, including weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, and counseling as time allows and needs dictate.
- Leadership Development: The GPC United Pastor will provide leadership to the United venue team. The GPC United Pastor will oversee the leadership, evaluation, and mentoring of the existing United volunteers in their respective areas of ministry. United staff supervision and leadership development includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the teams as it relates to ministry and operational activities pertaining to the United.
- Oversee United training and continued development of the Leadership Development Pipeline.
- Empower volunteer leaders to lead the ministries and operations.
- Provide coaching in the implementation of United initiatives.
- Primary Teaching Pastor for the GPC United: Ensures that the teaching plan for the United venue is in alignment with the doctrinal positions of Grand Point Church. He will be the primary teaching pastor ensuring that those who teach are teaching in accordance with the doctrines, practices, and mission of Grand Point Church.
- Implement and oversee Congregational Care initiatives as directed by the Executive Pastor
- Oversee and develop a team for the planning and execution of the creative elements each week.
- Serves as part of the Teaching Team comprised of teaching pastors from all campuses.
- Community Outreach: Utilizing skills to assist the overall ministry of Grand Point Church. This will be accomplished as time, gifting, and ministry needs allow.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information directly to Tammy Bock, Executive Assistant, at: email@example.com.