Student Ministry Director
Grand Point Church (GPC) in Chambersburg, PA is seeking a full-time Student Ministry Director who is passionate about helping Middle School and High School students (6th-12th grade) take their next steps in their journey to find and follow Jesus!
Reporting directly to the Director of NextGen Ministries, the Student Ministry Director will partner with parents and families to equip them to be the champion of faith in the life of their child, and encourage our children and youth to take ownership of their personal spiritual journey, making the most of the time, experiences, interests, learning opportunities, and relationships available to them and their family at GPC and in their daily lives.
The Student Ministry Director at GPC is currently serving 80 youth through our Sunday and Wednesday night programming with the assistance of nearly 40 volunteers. Serving youth in the Chambersburg, Shippensburg, and surrounding areas, the Student Ministry Director will develop and implement discipleship and leadership development programming that continues our youth ministry mission to help young people get to the point: Live & Learn to Love God, Love People, and Change the World!
The Student Ministry Director will be responsible for the following:
Student Ministry Planning: The SMD will be responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of the student ministries of Grand Point Church. It is expected that the SMD will prepare, equip, and inspire volunteer leaders to help carry out the work of the Student Ministry.
- Develop age-appropriate ministries to reach and disciple youth in the church and community
- Develop and promote vital small group and large group programming for the students of Grand Point Church
- Develop a feeder system from each age group for their next step in the Grand Point Church ministry
- Create and develop partnerships in the community to connect and reach youth
Student Ministry Discipleship: The SMD will develop a team that will implement a plan to reach and disciple students.
- Execute a Leadership Development Pipeline that will equip and train adult leaders to effectively reach and disciple youth
- Lead a leadership team to plan and execute the Student Ministry philosophy
- Utilize the gifting and skills of the Student Ministry volunteers to carry out programing
Student Ministry Programming: The SMD will work with a team that will execute all programmatic aspects of our student ministry.
- Oversee the provision of small group interaction for middle and high school students
- Plan weekly program that meets the spiritual and social needs of middle and high school students
- Provide oversight to ministry opportunities in our community
- Provide oversight of mission opportunities appropriate to middle and high school students
Student Ministry Leadership and Program Development: Work in conjunction with the Director of Next Generation Ministries to recruit and equip leaders who will help in the programmatic development of the student ministry. Utilization of volunteer leadership is expected in every area of the student ministry.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information directly to Tammy Bock, Executive Assistant, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.