Here at Grand Point Church we take Jesus’ final words and command to us seriously:
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20, NLT)
If you have a deep desire to see lives changed for Christ and would like to be a part of the amazing move of God at Grand Point, search our current job openings and make sure to carefully review the qualifications and instructions for applicants.
8:15 Worship Leader – Chambersburg Campus (click to read more)
Grand Point Church (GPC) in Chambersburg, PA, is seeking a part-time Worship Leader to lead its 8:15 a.m. worship service at the Chambersburg Campus. The candidate should be passionate about leading others as they take their next steps in their journey to find and follow Jesus!
Reporting directly to the Director of Worship Ministries, the 8:15 Worship Leader for GPC-Chambersburg will lead with an inspiring energy, preserves yet enhances the 8:15 a.m. worship service atmosphere, and help to bring people into the presence of God. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating a traditional-style service that is in keeping with the pastor’s messages and/or various observances by working with the Lead Pastor, staff, instrumentalists, and audio-visual team.
Grand Point Church is a growing church with two established campuses and another launching in September, more than 20 full-time staff, and over 770 volunteers serving in various ministry capacities guided by our four values: We value God’s truth more than our opinions; we value God’s people more than our programs; we value God’s plan more than our plans; and we value God’s mission more than our comfort.
The 8:15 Worship Leader for the Chambersburg Campus will be responsible for the following:
Lead Worship for 8:15 Worship Service at the Chambersburg Campus:
This role will be responsible for:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and leading worship in the 8:15 a.m. worship service.
- Leading the congregation in singing a fair mix of hymns and new worship music.
- Providing guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by recruiting, developing, and scheduling the wide variety of vocal and instrumental talent in the church to assist in leading the worship services and/or as stand-alone worship service openings.
- Working directly with the orchestra for scheduling, orchestration, and rehearsals.
- Directing or recruiting a leader for an occasional worship choir.
- Collaborating with the pastor and/or staff in the selection of hymns and special music.
- Preparing the worship order by using Planning Center to share service details with pastor and other worship leaders, as well as and participants, in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the church staff, planning and implementing the music for special services, such as Christmas Eve, Worship Nights, Maundy Thursday, etc.
- Creating lyric slides of the hymns for ProPresenter each Sunday (unless otherwise designated to another staff member.)
- Working with current technical advisor/coordinator in ensuring that we have audio/video (ProPresenter) technicians for each service.
- Attending weekly meetings to evaluate and plan the worship services.
- Developing and administering any budgetary needs for the 8:15 service.
Team Collaboration: Each member of the GPC staff will work as a team to accomplish the mission of Grand Point Church. This may include duties outside the normal realm of their position but are imperative to the fulfillment of our objectives as a whole.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information directly to Tammy Bock, Executive Assistant, at: email@example.com.